Madhukar Planet: some pretty great books!

Saturday, October 23, 2021

some pretty great books!

I love reading books, and I've read many. and I've read some good ones over the years, and here are some!


1. looking for Alaska: looking for Alaska is John Green's first novel, published in March 2005 by Dutton Juvenile. Based on his time at Indian Springs School, Green wrote the novel as a result of his desire to create meaningful young adult fiction, the story revolves around miles, Looking for Alaska deals with the universal questions of love, friendship, truth, and the gray areas in between. This story is about Miles, who attempts to reinvent himself in a new school, with new friends and activities, and how his meeting with Alaska Young, a witty and carefree girl, changed his life. and this is the first young adult book that I read and it quickly became my favorite.... until I read the fault in our stars, which is another one of john green's books, and I'll get to it in a moment. I read looking for Alaska in 3 days! this is the first time I read a book in 3 days. the thing that I loved about this book is the fact it's beautiful and this is the first time I read about adolescence. I gave this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars 


 
2. the fault in our stars- this is my favorite book that I read after looking for Alaska, it's about a cancer patient hazel grace Lancaster, and it is told from the first person's perspective. Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten. there's also a motion picture movie, which is pretty good but not better than the book. there's another movie about the book, but the book is better than both of the movies. the thing I love about this book is that I had all the feels while I was reading it. and it was so beautiful and most of you guys might know this but this is still a spoiler, so spoiler alert: I bawled my eyes out at the end of the book. and I don't think I have ever cried for any book like I cried for this one. and I don't think I ever will for any other book. this was the first time that I finished a book in a day. literally in a day. I started at 12am and finished at 4. and I know that this was a lot of people's favorite book in middle school. and this has been my favorite book for 8 months, I was putting off reading this book because well I was in a few pages and I thought it was boring, but this book was amazing and there was not one part where I felt bored..... expect the first 5 pages of course, but the entire book was beautiful. I've reread this book 10 times over the past few months. I gave this book a 5 out of 5 stars, 


3. let it snow- I know all the really good books I'm reading and recommending are john green books and this one was co-written by him along with 2 other authors-Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle, On Christmas Eve, snowstorm would transform one small town into romantic heaven. Bright colorful lights, snow on the roads, beautiful presents and ribbons make the night glittery. No one could think that a trip to a waffle house through four feet of snow would lead to a love story with an old friend. The story is quite hilarious and gets the reader in the holiday spirit. Let It Snow is an anthology of three short stories, compiled together by a thread written by Maureen Johnson, John Green, and Laureen Myracle. It is a light, fun-loving and festive story. I gave this book a 3 out of 5 stars, this book is one of my favorites but I just didn't like all the 3 stories. specifically the last one. and there's also a movie on Netflix based on this book, which is actually better than the book. this is the only book movie that I've seen which is better than the book. this book would be a perfect read on Christmas eve, and it'll really get you into that merry, Christmas mood. and of course, while I read this book, it wasn't Christmas, but it really felt like Christmas, and I can say one thing, I will be reading this book on Christmas eve for sure. 




4. everything everything- oh my god, this is another one of my favorite books, this book revolves around Madeline Whitter, who is apparently allergic to the world. she has never been outside, kind of like house arrest. but not exactly, the blurb at the end of the book says "live life in a bubble, or risk everything for love?" it was such a short synopsis, it wasn't even a synopsis, it was just a blurb. but sounded very interesting and exciting. Everything, Everything is the debut young adult novel by Jamaican-American author Nicola Yoon, first published by Delacorte Books for Young Readers in 2015. The novel centers around 18-year-old Madeline Whittier, who is being treated for severe combined immunodeficiency, also known as "bubble baby disease. I have never heard of this disease, but everything everything is just everything. and shout out to my friend for recommending this book to me. I am completely hooked on this book, I've reread it 4 times, and there's also a movie about this book, but I think the book is 10 times better than the book. I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars, it was such a short and easy read, but it was so beautiful. and I love it so much. 

5. all the light we cannot see- this is also one of my favorite books, and this is the best-written book I have ever read. everything was just so beautiful. All the Light We Cannot See is a war novel written by American author Anthony Doerr, published by Scribner on May 6, 2014. It won the 2015 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and 2015, Andrew Carnegie Medal, for Excellence in Fiction. Marie-Laure lives in Paris near the Museum of Natural History, where her father works. When she is twelve, the Nazis occupy Paris, and father and daughter flee to the walled citadel of Saint-Malo, where Marie-Laure’s reclusive great uncle lives in a tall house by the sea. With them, they carry what might be the museum’s most valuable and dangerous jewel. I did kind of get bored in the middle of the book a little bit, it is 500 pages. it's very long and I kind of felt like there were some unnecessary scenes but I still really loved it. I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars. and well I didn't exactly understand the book, but I had a friend help me out. there are multiple timelines. but it's interesting once you understand it. and I just heard that there's also going to be a limited series and it's gonna be interesting to watch it. 

anyway, that's it for this blog, comment down and let me know what your favorite book is! and also comment down below if you guys want a part 2 of this!  I'll see you guys in the next one, ciao! 

No comments: