Madhukar Planet: How to use Canva! YouTube 101! -By Neha

Monday, May 3, 2021

How to use Canva! YouTube 101! -By Neha

 Hey guys it’s me Neha and today I’m gonna be talking and teaching you guys about Canva. So Canva is an app used for creating posters and other designs. Even for thumbnails of your YouTube videos. When i first started my YouTube channel I didn’t really know what to do,  i was completely lost. I know what you guys may be thinking. “Isn’t your dad a YouTuber?” Yes he is but my dad didn’t teach me anything he didn’t even teach me how to edit and i struggled a lot and i actually got it on the second try. And the reason my dad didn’t teach me is because he wanted me to learn it by myself and I’m glad he did so. 

Anyway i knew only how to edit and use iMovie and i only knew how to use the transitions that were on iMovie I didn’t know that you could do so many other things and the options are endless!. My dad also didn’t know how to use Canva and i was the one who thought him. And this is proved because when you watch my dad’s older videos and compare them with the newer ones for example watch the titanic projector video and watch the first actual projector video and that video hit like 30 thousand views so congrats dad!  Anyway you’ll see that the newer video’s thumbnail is a lot better! 

You guys can use Canva for adding texts and little edits into your video as well. There are so many options in this app.. how i learned about this app was that i used to watch a lot of how to edit on iMovie videos on YouTube and it definitely helped me! You guys could do it too if you want!. But you can totally use iMovie as Final Cut Pro, its almost the same, and the texts in Canva are amazing you can choose different fonts and colours and so many other things you can even add effects on the texts you can make them neon and so much more! 


And the screenshots above are the ways that you can use Canva 
And you can also use this to make presentations and posters and invitations 
And also egreetings! I’m pretty sure this is not the exact egreeting but well its something close to my heart on my dad’s birthday! 

And if you guys are using Canva for texts in your YouTube video or even for the thumbnail you guys have to select the dimensions for 1280 and 720. This is the measurement of the YouTube video that you have to add text on your video that your working on! 
And guys don’t worry if you're really understanding i will make a YouTube series called YouTube 101 and its also on my blog! 

Anyway if you guys want to use text on your video. Unless you have Canva pro you will not get a transparent background and what this means is that. When you wanna add texts to your video you want the background to be transparent. And Canva will not allow it if you have a free account. If you don’t have a transparent background on yout text you will not be able to add it in your video because there will be a white background with it and we don’t want that. So what i usually do for this is that i go to the website called lunapic.     What Lunapic does is that it will add a transparent background to your text
And if you guys don’t wanna use this there’s another website called background remover. Where it will basically do the same thing so it really doesn’t matter what you choose 

And when you go to the website you’re gonna click on transparent and you can upload your picture there and also guys make sure you click on transparent colour and not on transparent area because the white background will still be there in some of the letters. And after you’ve done that you’re gonna click on save  image as png or save image and then you’re done its gonna be saved in your camera roll or in your files if you’re  using a computer but you get the point it’ll be saved and you guys can add it into your video in iMovie! 

And that’s it for this blog i hope you guys liked it no also do stick around for the YouTube 101 series! And I’ll see you guys in my next one. Ciao! 

No comments: