Madhukar Planet: facts about friends part 3! -By Neha

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

facts about friends part 3! -By Neha

if you guys have read the last two blogs that I've written, well if you haven't, it's all about friends. since it's my favorite show and the most popular sitcom ever, 





and I've done this 3 times and I just love writing about friends, and if you guys follow me on Instagram you also know this.  https://www.instagram.com/itsnehamadhukar 
and now I'm going to be writing another one about some more facts about friends! I've read a friend's trivia book that listed 394 facts about friends. and I remember most of them. so that's how I know...... well that and I also research about tv shows and movies I love a lot. and just to give you guys a warning, this blog does have spoilers, so if you guys haven't seen friends, you might wanna skip on this one, but if you don't care, go ahead and enjoy. but then again who hasn't seen friends.  I don't know I kept spoiling it for myself. I was researching about friends and I would see these little clips and edits and I clicked on them. 


1. do you guys remember in the "one where Monica and Chandler get married" joey's late and they can't find an officiant, and Rachel runs to this other wedding (which was happening in the same venue) to get the officiant and she found out that the wedding was greek orthodox and the bride and groom's names were "Anastassakis and Papasafakis." Anastassakis is Jennifer Aniston's original family name. Her paternal grandfather changed it to Aniston when they moved from Greece to the United States when her father was two years old. I did not know Jen was originally from Greece. 



2. if you guys watched the reunion, you guys know that the cast always had a huddle before filming each episode, this just makes me so happy and truly warms my heart, and we also got to see them huddling again. and even though I wasn't born when friends started or stopped airing it just feels so nostalgic and I just got very emotional in the reunion, like many other fans.  and this just brings tears to my eyes, every time I see this picture. it just makes me that happy. and to people who think friends is overrated, read this https://krmadhukar.blogspot.com/2021/09/why-friends-is-not-overrated-by-neha.html


3. I don't know if you guys have noticed this but in the episode "the one with after vegas" everyone's last name in the opening credits has"Arquette" in it, and this was because Courtney Cox and David Arquette had actually gotten married, and this is also written at the end of the last episode of the 5th season. and the reason they did this is just that it was a joke! but the couple ended up splitting in 2013. 
after I saw that it said for Courtney and "David" for some reason I thought it was David Schwimmer, who was playing ross. monica's brother in friends. and I thought about how weird it must be for two actors who were married, to act like siblings, and of course, I looked it up, and then I found out that she wasn't married to David Schwimmer, she was married to David Arquette.  

4. Matthew perry had a drug and gambling addiction, and he had to go to rehab. In an interview with Oprah I believe, he said that he didn't remember filming season 3 to season 6. and I feel like this is an example of, just because you're popular doesn't mean your life feels automatically wonderful. I mean this is Matthew perry from friends, and the fact this was happening to him while filming friends, I can't even imagine what he's been through. and I feel like we should really appreciate the fact that all the six people have had some kind of inconveniences in life, (of course they have, they're people too) they never failed to make us smile, and that credit also goes to the writers of friends. and to all the people who say friends is overrated, read this: 

5. Jennifer Aniston almost didn't return for the last season, and she is the most popular friends actor of course, mostly because of friends but also because of many other films she was in including "bruce almighty" and "the good girl" and she also almost starred in titanic! but kate Winslet read the script and she cried "buckets of tears" and she would do anything to get the role. but apparently, James Cameron decided to go with kate. and I kinda hate him for that. I really think Jennifer could have done a better job at playing rose, I LOVE Kate and she's an amazing actress but at that time I think Jen was a bit better. but brad Pitt and the entire friends cast convinced her to come back for one last season, for the last time. (yes I'm crying right now-




6. bruce Willis appeared on friends because he lost a bet to Matthew. he got into a debate with Willis while the two were making The Whole Nine Yards. he believed that the film would be number one in the box office on its opening weekend, but Willis disagreed. In February 2000, the film was number one. Willis was set to appear on Friends as the dad of Ross’s girlfriend and Rachel’s love interest. As a result of the bet, he had to donate his earnings for the guest stint to charity.

7. in the friends reunion Jennifer Aniston revealed that she watches the show as much as a friends fan. and that made me very happy, there are a lot of celebrities who don't watch their own tv shows and movies but Jennifer Aniston is not one of them! and of course she does, its friends. who wouldn't wanna watch friends?




8. it was revealed in the reunion that when matt Leblanc broke his arm, it was actually written in the show, you know because he was jumping on the bed and he fell down, that's whats written into the show, but the real reason he broke his arm was when they were shooting 
"the one where no one's ready" do you guys remember when chandler and joey were fighting over the chair, matt jumped on the chair, where he was sitting and he hit his arm, and his shoulder was dislocated. and thats why he wore a cast in "the one with the jam" 


9. James Tyler Michael was actually working as a barista in real life when he was cast as Gunther. and he didn't have a line until 33 episodes later when he said "yeah". and his hair was actually bleached by accident, he had a friend who owned a hair styling store and he wanted to test out hair color on him. and afterward he had to bleach his hair for 10 years, and also Gunther didn't even have a name until the middle of the second season. 



10.  so I was watching the Netflix documentary called "turning point 9/11" which explains what happens on 9th September 2001, where four terrorist airplanes crashed into the world trade center in new york, its been 20 years now.

 so many people died. and four planes crashed into both of the towers, (the twin towers) and of course friends was being shot in new york and friends was also being shot during 2001, and "the one with the Halloween party" is the first episode they shot right after these events. and while i was watching the documentary, I saw so many people who suffered, but then i realised friends was being shot in new york, and all the six people survived and hopefully all the cast survived. but I can't even imagine what happened to everyone who died. 



anyway, that's it for this one, comment down below and let me know what you guys think! and also comment down below if you guys want a part 4! I know I love writing this, and you guys seem to like it too, and I'll see you guys in my next one, ciao! 

No comments: